Sunday, July 12, 2020

Year Three: Bloodshed Academy

Year Three is the much desired third book Jen L. Grey’s Bloodshed Academy series. This book brings readers the next piece of the story that we have been eagerly anticipating. Things are progressing in Raven’s life with Rage, but the Elites are quiet right now…but not gone. The next stage in Bloodshed Academy is coming for Raven – the Culling. The pressure is on for Raven on all sides. No matter what happens next Raven’s life is about to be changed forever.

Year Three: Bloodshed Academy is the best book in the series in my opinion. Where book two focuses mostly on Raven’s relationship with Rage, book three gives me the storyline that I was hoping for and more. Rage and Raven continues to move forward in their relationship and begins to deal with the secrets that swirl all around them. They are still a part of The Elites, and they have to stay in “good graces” so that they aren’t suspected in their part of keeping a hybrid from being taken. Things are going well for a minute, but then a twist or two is thrown their way and things begin to escalate from there.

Piece by piece the author brings this story together and it is truly hard to put down. While some aspects of the story are predictable, I enjoy the drama that kicks up and the humor sprinkled throughout. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…I LOVE Cole. On more than one occasion I had to choke back laughs at his antics. He is a refreshing and enjoyable change from the usual vampire character that most authors give us. I appreciate that he and Jess get some attention to their relationship as well in this book. This book focuses more on all of the characters and that it is something I truly like.

The author raises some questions though throughout. It seems that there are some things going on with a couple of the characters and I’m honestly curious as to how that is going to play out. Is it going somewhere? Is there going to be some drama down the road? Or is this a one-time thing/slip? I can’t give specifics as it would kinda spoil the book/scene, but you’ll understand when you read it.

This book has a couple of “steamy” moments between Raven and Rage, but it honestly feels like there are some parts missing to it. The first especially feels a bit rushed and…what happened to her pants? Rage takes everything off, but her pants…do they just…disappear? It just feels like a bit of oversight. I’ll admit that I’m a bit disappointed that Raven doesn’t try to reach out to her parents to resolve things, but it honestly goes both ways. The author reveals all near the end, but how it all goes down between them.

I really did enjoy this book and it kept me page-turning as piece by piece things come together and Raven learns just how deep they are in this mess. Powers are at war, and I can’t wait for more from this author in connection to this series. Things are really getting good and I like that they have reached the stage of “trust no one outside the group.” I am rating this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. A great addition to the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment