Thursday, July 30, 2020

Hunted

Hunted by Jen L. Grey is the first book in her spin-off Half-Breed Prison duology. If you read this author’s Bloodshed Academy series then I’m sure that you were left with some…or A LOT of questions. Good news! This book takes readers back and deeper! New characters, reunion with familiar characters, and some serious drama! You’re going to want to pick this book up! Trust me!

Hunted is a great addition to Jen L. Grey’s dynamic selection of YA novels. She introduces readers to a new character by the name of Lexy. Lexy is going through some changes, but she doesn’t exactly understand what is going on. But her whole life is about to be changed forever. The author does a fantastic job setting the stage with this book. She puts in enough clues to point readers in the right direction of what is going to be going down, but doesn’t make it so plain that you think “okay, too straight-forward.”

Lexy is an interesting character. I love that we get her and her parents. When the pieces began to fall together I almost squealed with excitement as the picture developed. She’s definitely her parents’ daughter. She’s got a mouth on her, but I’m honestly surprised that I don’t really get annoyed with her until almost the end of the story when she tries to play the reckless hero. She finds herself in a bad situation after a bad situation, but she only backs down when it’s truly necessary to avoid serious drama.

One twist in this book that I will tip-off is this…the romance angle! Boy did my jaw drop. LOL! I initially didn’t see it coming, but then…I honestly started to get my hopes up. Let me just say…the author does NOT disappoint! Things should be REALLY interesting in the next book, and I honestly can’t wait.

I’m trying to think if there is anything that I don’t like about this book and honestly…there isn’t! Okay, near the end there is that one scene where she tries to suddenly play hero when…that really wasn’t the plan. I viewed it as her wanting to take a stupid risk without knowing that the end payout will be in their favor. Especially since she’s the one that the bad guys want.

At the end of the day…this book was one of those hard to put down novels that you just keep page-turning and saying, “just one more page.” I can’t wait for the next book in this series and so I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. If you read the Bloodshed Academy series and were left with questions and want answers as to what happened to all the half-breeds who were kidnapped and/or disappeared then this book is a must-read!



No comments:

Post a Comment