Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Tracker Hive Academy Semester 4

Tracker Hive Academy is back and this book is one roller coaster of a ride! Avery Song really has hit her stride with this book and I couldn’t put it down. Things that I complained about in previous books are practically non-existent in this book and I couldn’t be happier. The characters have really matured in this addition to the series and I love it.

This book begins with a prologue that had me a bit confused in the beginning, because I didn’t really know where the author was going with it. Quickly enough the author transitions the story and things kick into high gear. I was eager to learn what was going to happen next and this book quickly became hard to put down. I absolutely wanted to know what was going to happen next and the author does not disappoint. An epic battle ensues and you can absolutely expect a couple of crossovers as well from other series as they begin to all tie together. I can’t wait for when the stories all come together for what I know is going to be an epic battle. I honestly can’t wait and I’m super excited. Now, the scenes with the crossovers are short, but they just build the anticipation for the rest. I’ll probably implode from excitement when everything ultimately comes together.

There is a LOT going on in this book. The author throws in a lot of twists, turns, secrets, surprises, and revelations as well. You barely get a chance to relax before something else is coming up to keep you on your toes. Now, I have to say this...there are a couple of elements in this book that I’m not too sure how some readers will take to. One of the characters has kept a secret for a while now, but that secret is coming to light and will be exposed. My interest was piqued by it because I was curious as to what direction the author was going to take this whole situation. Honestly, though, the scenario isn’t dragged out. It has a couple of moments in the story overall and then it’s played out.

I have to admit though, there is one scene that I felt ended up falling flat. The author builds things up and creates this expectation that something big is going to happen only for the whole scene to just...fizzle out in my opinion. I was expecting a big moment...a struggle...for things to be pushed to the edge or at least a twist, but things play out...perfectly. I honestly felt let down, because why build things up to make it sound like things could go wrong? There is a bit of danger, but nothing like how the build-up made it seem like. The author is great at creating anticipation of a scene that is coming, but this one ends up coming off as phoned in and unfinished.

This book gives us so many different perspectives and all I can say is that I wish that there had been more for certain characters. I do like that we get more of Calvin in this book, but I hope that we get more of Lisette in the future books. I feel like she was more of a side character in this book than a part of the group like she should be.

Prepare yourself for a cliffhanger! I can’t wait to read what happens next in the book coming later this year. Things are really getting intense and I know that the next book is going to be truly exciting. Jade is getting stronger and I love that her elements are reflecting that as well. I am rating this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. The characters are more mature, things are really coming along, and the next book promises to be truly epic. If you have read the previous books in this series and want to learn what happens next then I highly recommend you grab this book and dive in.


No comments:

Post a Comment