Saturday, May 30, 2020

Dead Meat: Day 4

The Dead Meat series by Nick Clausen is back and Day 4 is packed to the brim with action, twists, suspense, and jaw-dropping revelations.

Dead Meat Day 4 reunites readers with familiar characters and introduces us to a few new ones. Buckle up because things are only escalating from here. Day 4 picks up where Day 3 left off and plunges ahead full speed. A young doctor is intent on trying to save someone she loves, but in the process, she condemns hundreds if not thousands to death. If only, those two soldiers had done their due diligence, if only that one had stood his ground and said “No. Sorry for your predicament, but you need to turn around now.” That’s just in the first few pages of this book. I have to say that when one of the soldiers says “Being paranoid will keep you alive” I almost cheered. LOL!

This book is truly wild as the author weaves together this story bringing things together with a piece at a time. Little by little you see everything begin to connect as the epidemic spreads and more lives are tragically lost. Pieces from book 3 are brought to fulfillment in this story as the author fills readers in on what happened during the night. This book is full of tragedy as shown again and again that it doesn’t take a big wound to cause one to turn…all it takes is a tiny scratch.

Is there anything that I don’t like about this book? Honestly…no. This series just continues to get better with each book that the author writes. I was on the edge of my seat in certain moments wondering…what is going to happen?! Are they going to make it?! What is that character going to do?! It’s so intense and the author writes in twists in the right moments that had my jaw-dropping. There were a couple moments when I was on the edge of my seat and I was like…darn! I wanted things to go a different way! Meanwhile, behind the scenes, I’m willing to bet the author was chuckling knowing that he has a surprise in store for readers down the line.

The “ending” of this book…OMG, the ENDING!!! The cliffhanger!! My jaw dropped and I howled! On one hand, I’m heartbroken, but on the other, I’m on the edge of my seat for the next book. Things are already crazy and intense, but…things are about to go to another level. There’s a known threat on one side and on another, there is a secret hiding in plain sight. The revelation of an unexpected truth has me wanting to know what the next book will reveal. In my opinion, the author is truly in their element with this series and it just keeps getting better and better. There were some slower spots in this book, but trust me...they are easy to get through. 

I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. If you have read the Dead Meat series to this point…Grab. This. Book. Now!!! You absolutely do NOT want to miss out on what happens next. If you are new to the series…grab book one and start! You won’t be disappointed as the author takes you through the zombie outbreak/apocalypse in slow motion one day at a time. I can’t wait to find out what happens next as the world crumbles one town at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment