Thursday, March 3, 2022

Hexing Merlin Review Spotlight

 


 Hexing Merlin this book is delicious! Rosemary A. Johns has created another book that left me practically begging for more. This author is probably the Mistress of the Whisper Kiss. You know the type I’m talking about. Where your lover leans in just close enough for a kiss to be a whisper away, and the heat builds to such heights before either they tease you and pull away or lean in just enough to brush their lips against your leaving you begging for more. THAT is this book with so many near steamy moments, but you’re left without. Believe me when I say this...I’m not complaining. LOL! I loved it. Those are the ones that allow your imagination to run away and create the most delightful scenes to our hearts content.

Hexing Merlin is the second book in Rosemary A. John’s Oxford Paranormal Book Club series and I absolutely loved this book. This author introduces readers to new characters, and lots of familiar characters as well. The perfect blending that goes in this book makes it an absolute delight to read. Delightful Cora is a witch who has made her home in Witch Hollow. Her memories of past mistakes concerning mages haunt her, and because of them she has sworn off men, and book boyfriends. But her best friend Eva convinces her to help her run her book club for other paranormal creatures. Well, while Cora has no intentions of finding love, the wicked Grimoire in the library has other plans for them and curses them all. Now? They can only find their “true loves” in the Book of the Month. Cora’s pick? Merlin: The Legend. The problem? Merlin is a mage and Cora has no intentions of falling in love with him. But will she be able to resist his charms when he’s standing in front of her with a delicious rear and flashing emerald eyes?

Hexing Merlin had a little bit of a slow start, but once this story really gets going its hard to put down. I absolutely loved seeing so many familiar characters, especially delightful Satan. I mean, who doesn’t love that precious kitten? LOL! I loved being introduced to Cora’s little familiar as well. I have to admit that I laughed when some of Lancelot’s predictions came true. Cora is such a complex character, but she either had me giggling or had my jaw on the floor. I’m not gonna lie...when I read that her room is such a mess with stuff all over the place and chocolate wrappers I did a tiny cringe. LOL! But as a fellow chocolate lover...I can’t fault her too much for the mess of chocolate wrappers. I just wonder...does she ever clean though?

The dynamics and back and forth between Cora and Merlin is all of the steamy temptation and boy does my mind run wild! Cora and Merlin both have their issues because of the things that they have been through, but the question becomes – when will they push through those issues to find true happiness? While Merlin seems to wear multiple faces, he seems to adjust a lot faster than Darcy did. But Cora’s problems aren’t solitary to Merlin and whether to allow him into her heart or return to the book after 7 days. Nope, a Counselor is bringing the threat of ending her business, and to make things worse Cora hasn’t been able to communicate with the ghosts anymore. What is going on? Well, it’s something really dark and right up our favorite sheriff’s alley. Go get ‘em Sin!

I love the blending of Oxford Paranormal Book Club with Oxford Magic Kitten Mysteries. It’s absolutely perfect! The story focuses on Cora, of course, but the author still brings in the other characters just enough to create a perfect coming together with all of the satisfaction. There is just enough drama, and lots of steamy without obscuring the storyline. Trust me, you get to use your imagination in all the right places. The close moments of near/almost kisses...so yummy, because they are the lead-up to when that final line is crossed and the dam breaks open.

I absolutely ate this book up and I can’t wait to find out who will be next to face off with that wicked Grimoire. This book earns its 5 out of 5 stars and I’m looking forward to what this author has planned next. If you are looking for a paranormal author to check out then check out this author, Rosemary A. Johns. Her books will be some of your top favorites soon enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment