Monday, March 14, 2022

Vrooms, Brooms, and Heirlooms Review Spotlight

 


Vrooms, Brooms, and Heirlooms is the first book in Maddy Savanna’s Witchy Business Mysteries series, and let me just say this – grab this book!! You’re going to love it. The author packs this story with mystery, humor, an adorable familiar, danger, and a hint of blooming romance creating a truly enjoyable novel from beginning to end.

Vrooms, Brooms, and Heirlooms is the first book that I have read by this author, but I can guarantee the author this – it will NOT be the last. I adored this book from beginning to end. The author captured my attention from the first chapter, and kept me page-turning all the way to the end. Get ready to meet Victoria Fox, Vic for short. She co-manages Sunray’s with her fellow co-manager, Boxy, the ninja. LOL! Business is good thanks to Speedy Zones new owner/manger. People go to Speedy Zones for the “discounts” and then head over to Sunray’s to get their vehicle back up and running...the right way. Things are about to get really interesting though. Vic gets an offer from “He Who Only Comes Out at Night” to buy Speedy Zone. What?! That business should belong to Vic by rights since her dad sunk so much of himself and his money into it, but due to underhanded dealings...it’s not. While the offer might be tempting at face value, Vic is having none of it. So, when she goes to Speedy Zone to refuse flat out, she stumbles across a murder. Despite the fact that she’s a witness, the people in town fear that maybe...just maybe...she’s actually a murderer.

This book is packed with delightful moments. I absolutely love the characters in this book. Victoria is a witch, who doesn’t use her magic. She’s dyslexic, and this causes her to be hesitant to really mess with her magic. I understand why when the author explains. I’m a bit sad that Vic lets this disability really plague her to the point of where she fears using her magic, but I feel that she just needs a confidence booster to really give her that push that she needs. Then you have Boxy. He’s an older character, but I love that he’s still young and spry. There’s still a fire burning under that mountain and I love it. My favorite character, hands down? Professor Studmuffin Salvatore III. LOL! In case you’re wondering, no my love for him is not solely based on him being a cat. LOL! Studmuffin is absolutely awesome. Period. No questions asked. Read the book. You’ll understand why I think he’s awesome.

Victoria is the main character of this book, and she really shines as such. I do feel though that Studmuffin out shines her just a bit. Whenever he made an appearance in a scene I’d gravitate toward him so much. I love how the author talks about his “murder mittens” so much. Normally, I’d probably get annoyed with an author talking so much about a specific attribute concerning a character, but it really works. No annoyance to be spoken of concerning that description. There is so much detail in this book and attention to the little things. If this wasn’t a paranormal cozy mystery I’d honestly think that I could go to Belle’s Cove and meet these characters. If I could meet these characters I honestly would beat feet to do so. I want to be friends with all of them.

This cozy mystery is probably one of the best ones I’ve read this year. I love how expressive it made me. I was constantly reacting to some scene and you would have been able to watch me read this book and know what I was thinking. The humorous moments literally had me laughing out loud. There were scenes where my mouth was hanging open and my jaw on the floor. I’ll admit it...I may have even waggled my eyebrows a couple of times when it came to the romance angles played at. LOL!

The author absolutely does an excellent job building and developing this story. I love trying to “guess” who the killer is since someone is out to pin the blame on Vic. I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t figure out who the murder was, but with how enjoyable this book is – who cares? Ha! There are quite a few twists in this book. I loved the surprises, and these characters make me want to come back for more.

I’m choosing to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I couldn’t get enough of this book or these characters. I would beg Studmuffin for the recipes for his ZERO-CALORIE desserts, but I already know he won’t share. Hey! I could make do with the calorie-filled versions. Haha! This author has me more than hooked and eager for the next book in this series. If you are looking for a fun cozy mystery novel that will delight you from beginning to end then this is the book to pick up. This is the series to dive into because it will have you coming back for more. Just to be clear, I’m not above bribing this author with chocolate desserts for more of this series. If you love cozy mystery novels I highly recommend this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment