Thursday, June 18, 2020

Succubus Mission

And so Adie Boo Pond’s (mis) adventures continue in L.L. Frost’s third book compilation of her Succubus series. Succubus Mission contains Succubus Harem serials 11-15. Adie is being faced with quite a bit as the serial gains even more traction and Adie is thrown into some serious situations that she honestly wasn’t expecting. The hag snags her and shoves a mission on her, but with a carrot of her own…a book to help her get stronger. How can Adie resist that? Her relationships with the guys are growing and developing further, but there are going to be some hiccups along the way and one big one that could threaten to derail her relationship with one. A new “player” or two is in town as well and Adie is about to find her very existence in danger.

Succubus Mission hits the ground running and hyper speeds readers along as they follow Adie’s struggles to grow as a demon. She’s learning new things about herself and the one who helped raise her. While the author focuses on Adie growing as a character, the author shows the growth of Adie’s little cupcake shop and her fellow characters. I love how much of Torch and Tac we get in this book. As I stated before in a previous review, I absolutely adore Tac. Torch, Adie’s little ignis demon is absolutely delightful and after the whole debacle with him, I’m glad that Adie really doesn’t hold any fear towards him. Instead, she’s attentive and learns from the previous situation and how things go out of control.

I can easily say that this book is balanced with humor, steamy, soft moments, and danger. There were some moments in this book of where I literally laughed out loud. One of my favorite scenes is, of course, with Tac when he decides to be “helpful.” Once again…I’ll say it…I’d love to have a “cat” like him. LOL! Some of the situations that Adie finds herself in are humorous, but then there are some that will have you on the edge of your seat. I like that Adie shows a bit more maturity with this book, but she still has her “childish” moments and tantrums. I understand a couple of them, but at the same time, I want her to handle them better.

Now, if you’ve read this serial/series then you know that this book ends on a major cliffhanger as Adie has a nasty revelation dropped on her concerning some recent issues she’s started having at the bakery. If you’ve NOT read the serial/series…get ready because the ending will have you scrambling to grab the next book or serial to learn what happens next. All I’ll say is this…Adie’s problems are beginning to build, and either she’s going to prepare and survive or she’s going to lose this fight.

I have to say that this book is the best one yet of the series and so I’m rating it 5 out of 5 stars. Things are getting intense and I’m looking forward to what the author brings next. Adie started out as a “broken” succubus, but she’s slowly coming into her own and healing what has been broken inside her. The sky is the limit if she can just survive the next twist Fate has thrown her way.


No comments:

Post a Comment