Tuesday, November 30, 2021

A Murder Yule Regret Review

 


 A Murder Yule Regret is yet another wonderful return to Winnie Archer’s “A Bread Shop Mystery” series. I think it’s pretty safe to say that I’m in love with these books and this series. Ivy Culpepper is about to be back on the case when a young actress finds herself at the center of a murder that happens at her holiday party. A tabloid reporter is found dead outside and the culprit? Could be any of the guests who were in attendance.

A Murder Yule Regret by Winnie Archer is another delightful addition to this author’s series. This series is like returning to old familiar friends who greet you warmly each time they see you. Ivy is such an engaging character and does not disappoint in this installment either. Things get a bit topsy-turvey when Olaya agrees to bake bread for Eliza Fox’s holiday party at the last minute. Talk about a lot of work to tackle in a short period of time. Of course, Ivy is called on to help, but Ivy gets double duty when she’s also hired to photograph the event and all the guests. She has no idea that Eliza Fox has a secret past, and that there are those around her with their own secrets as well.

This book is so much like a delicious croissant. You encounter so many layers of delectable storyline that pull you deeper by the page. This cozy mystery has more than just the original mystery that starts up which is the murder. Things become deeper and more complex as characters reveal secrets, hidden agendas, and eventually the truth behind it all. Not only do you get a fantastic story that keeps you page-turning, but you also get delicious treats that will have your mouth watering jealousy as the characters get to sample yummy baked goods.

Ivy and Mrs. Branford are easily my favorite characters in this book. Mrs. Branford is such a fun character, and I truly aspire to be as energetic and active as she is when I’m her age. LOL! Mrs. Branford is really one of the most clever characters hands down. When she says something, pay attention because the odds are that she’s going to be right! I will probably never cease to be amazed by this character. LOL! I love how level-headed Ivy is. She’s really showing a lot of growth throughout this series, and each book just gets better and better. Ivy may make a misstep here and there, but she doesn’t let her derail her in finding out the truth and helping someone out.

Let me just say this...thank GOD York is only minimally in this book. After the last book and his overly aggressive behavior towards Miguel, I was ready to go off on him! LOL! Granted, he's up to his usual tactics in this book, manipulating things, but it only adds to the drama, so I can’t complain too much. I must say that there isn’t much if anything that I can complain about concerning this book. I enjoyed it so much! I will say this...when you get to that final chapter...grab some tissues! It is truly the perfect ending to this book and I LOVED it!

Now that I’m done gushing over this book, I am...rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. Did you already guess that? LOL! I loved this book. It was such a delight to read and the characters are truly well written. You’d think that you could go there and meet them visiting this town. If only, right? The mystery is well done, I enjoyed the characters, and I love seeing some of the tempting recipes that were featured in the story as well. I truly cannot wait for the next book in this series. I look forward to reading more of Ivy, Agatha, and all the characters I have come to know and love.  


No comments:

Post a Comment