Monday, September 27, 2021

Vampire's Possesion Review

 

Vampires Possession is the first book in Anna Santos’s Vampire Court series. This book is a paranormal reverse harem romance. This steamy novel revolves around Emily as she finds her life taking a whirlwind turn. She goes from living a mundane life working late hours at a convenience store, to living the life of luxury and relaxation in a mansion with three handsome men. She’s told that they are vampires (except for one) and that she was their sire in a previous life. The clock is ticking on Emily allowing them to fully bring her into their world, but things are about to get extremely chaotic for her.

Vampire’s Possession is packed with steamy moments. While the blurb makes the story sound really engaging and interesting, the actual storyline itself falls a bit flat for me. There isn’t a lot of development that builds up to things. The prologue piques my interest, but the shift doesn’t follow through to it’s full potential. I was expecting the men to woo and romance her, but it’s more of a “jump into bed” type scenario throughout. I don’t mind the steamy situations, but I wanted there to be more growth and development first.

I’ve read books by this author before, and I hate to say it, but this book is a disappointment for me. This book is more sex than storyline. Emily spends more time jumping from guy to guy in this book than anything else. The author says that Emily spends time here and there reading the diary and spending some time in the library with Antoine, but one can hardly say that her time spent there is truly fruitful. The storyline pops up here and there which encouraged me to stick with the story, but I wanted more. This book honestly reads more like an erotica fantasy novel than a paranormal romance reverse harem.

I think that there are some serious missed opportunities throughout. The author could have given readers excerpts from the diary to let readers know what all Victoria was talking about. The threat/danger is presented and then resolved before the story ends, which seems like yet another missed opportunity to take things in a different direction.

For readers who love mostly steamy novels then this book will be one that you’ll want to check out. For readers who want more --- a more storyline focused novel, this book might not be one that you’ll want to check out. I’m rating this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. The storyline had potential, but it never manages to get there since it seems that sex was the main focus. It’d have been different if the sex had had a “purpose” i.e. helping her regain memories, but it’s purely enjoyment while the real story happens somewhere off paper. I’m not sure if I’ll continue this series.




No comments:

Post a Comment