Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Danger at the Cove Review

Danger at the Cove is the second book in Hannah Dennison’s Island Sisters Mystery series. This cozy mystery takes readers to a beautiful fictional island where the sisters Margot and Evie are working to get the hotel ready for opening, which is quickly approaching. What they (well, at least Evie) expecting is for one of her sister’s friends to be making a “un” expected appearance and to have invited her latest love interest along with for the ride. Prepare for things to get dangerous when one of their workers ends up dead, followed by another victim in a matter of days. This cozy mystery whodunit is one that you’re not going to want to miss.

Danger at the Cove is the second in a series but can be read as a stand-alone. Trust me, I missed reading the first book, but eagerly dived into this book had no problem engaging with the charismatic characters enclosed in the pages. I loved the relationship between the sisters. While Margot gives off the vibe of that she still clings longingly for Hollywood, she’s not going to go diving off to immerse herself back in it on a whim. Evie is definitely the more grounded sister and the one I can relate to the most. I love how smoothly the storyline flows. The sisters are working to fix up the hotel, but I honestly thought that they owned it. Of course, it’s pointed out through one of the characters, that in fact, they don’t. The way the author writes the necessary facts concerning the characters in the right moments is absolute perfection.

There are so many fascinating aspects to this book! The shipwrecks are engaging, but the secrets the characters are keeping are even more fascinating! LOL! Patty is one exceptional police officer and knows how to get the down and dirty on everyone! Her interrogation techniques had me not knowing which way was up. LOL! But the way that the author keeps you on the edge of your seat is just as on par. The twists and turns kept me completely engaged and page-turning to try and figure out who did what. I was spot on with guessing one aspect, but while my radar was going off concerning another character --- I did not see that twist coming at all. Add in the cat helping with the whole process as well by simply being an “Instagram star” color me impressed. LOL

This book is easily 5 out of 5 stars. I can’t wait to read what happens next with Margot and Evie! Could there be some romance on the horizon? I’m literally crossing my fingers that the answer will be yes. LOL! But if you love a good cozy mystery with thrills, danger, and a healthy dose of drama then you are going to want to grab this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment