Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Death Gone A-Rye

 

Death Gone A-Rye is the 6th book in Winnie Archer’s A Bread Shop Mystery series. This is the second book that I have read by this author in her cozy mystery series and I enjoyed it from start to finish. A school board member is found murdered, but who did it? The list of suspects is long and wide as Nessa Renchrik had no shortage of enemies and very few friends. Her relationships with her family are even strained to the breaking point, so who commited the crime?

Death Gone A-Rye was such an enjoyment to read and I practically devoured it like a tasty bread. I love that the author gives readers Em’s wedding to Ivy’s brother. Of course, that sets the perfect stage for the “perfect” interruption to come in. I’m glad that the murder announcement doesn’t derail the wedding though with Em rushing off to head the investigation. A new character is introduced, a new police hire, but I have to say that I wasn’t too keen on him from the beginning. I mean...who attends a wedding and spends most of their time on the phone? Okay, probably someone looking to prove themselves, but still…

There is so much tasty goodness in this book. From the mentions of all the delightful bread offers at Yeast of Eden to the building and layering of the mystery in this novel. The mystery is so well done. I was eager to discover who the possible suspect could be and their motive. The funny thing with this book is that there is no shortage of suspects, and the one who committed the crime...is the one you’ll least suspect. Tiny spoiler...you’re heart will break.

The characters in this book are so well done and I enjoyed the nice mix that the author gives me. I will say that I would have loved to see more of Mrs. Bradford. She is such a delightful character and I love that she is always so quick to come to Ivy’s aid in one way or another. The author has me literally wishing that Olaya Solis was real because I would love to go to Yeast of Eden to not only taste her delightful breads but learn from her as well. LOL!

I am rating this book a high 5 out of 5 stars. This book is tasty perfection. There is just the right amount of twists, surprises, and romance. I love the recipes (though I want more lol) and I can’t wait to try out a couple of them as well. If you love this series and these characters grab this book. It will delight you to no end and have you coming back for more. I look forward to reading more by this author in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment