Sunday, June 5, 2022

Crimson Kingdom Review Spotlight


Crimson Kingdom is the third book in the Lochlann Feuds series, and trust me when I say that if you’ve been reading this series you are NOT going to want to miss this book! Brace yourself for an emotional rollercoaster, and an ending that will leave you screaming! Maybe not literally, but I for sure let out a mini-scream/huff of frustration. LOL!

In Crimson Kingdom, authors Robin D. Mahle and Elle Madison, have truly created a page-turner of a novel. Before I knew it I was halfway through the book! What happened?! Let me tell you – so. Much. Happened!! But let’s start from the beginning, shall we?

Crimson Kingdom picks up where book two left off. Rowe has returned home. No, her leaving behind Evander and Clan Bear was not a dream. Yes, I actually thought that, for a moment, that maybe it was. She’s back home and now...it’s time to face the consequences of her behavior. That’s never easy. That is always the hardest thing to face – the disappointment that you have created in someone else. Rowe will forever bear the scars of her time in Socair. Of course, she has her memories as well, some good and some bad. While she’s glad to be home, things will never be the same. Plus, once again, chaos is lurking waiting for the right moment to break – and break it shall.

I ate this book up! As I said above, before I knew it I was halfway through the book. When I say this book is a serious page-turner it is a SERIOUS PAGE-TURNER! I have to say that I appreciate how much the authors give readers in this book. I, shockingly, had mixed feelings about Rowan being back home. LOL! Don’t judge me. I like being able to see the family dynamics between her and her loved ones. I appreciate the various dynamics throughout and how she’s faced with the consequences of her running off the way that she did, but that they don’t dwell on it. I like that nobody really beats her over the head with it and that she also doesn’t go off and sulk in her room for weeks on end.

Now, let me just say this – at the end of book two, I was #TeamVan. LOL! As this book progresses, that never changes. The ups and downs, the twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. Rowan is home and now the marriage proposals come pouring in. One from an all too familiar character. I was taken aback initially. I was literally like...what are YOU popping up for? Yes, I am a bit biased, but you would be too if someone told you “well, I’m breaking it off because it’s “important to me to produce heirs quickly.”” I’m sorry, but I just don’t like how manipulative his brother has been from the beginning. Plus, I didn’t like how quick Rowan has been to always give him a pass and let things slide.

I must say that I love all the different surprises tucked into this book. The author showed Rowan’s life in danger in Socair, but they also take the time to show that truly, no one is safe. I’m not ashamed to say that I was shocked at the audacity of some of the characters in this book.

The detail is well done in this story from beginning to end. You get just enough to paint a vivid picture that keeps you coming back for more. I like the addition of new characters, and I loved the reunion of certain familiar characters that I came quite attached to in previous books. Of course, the antics of some of the characters really help bring spots of humor where they are most needed throughout this novel. There are a couple moments where I felt that certain characters were being arselings, but...I could understand why.

The romance in this book….AAAAHHHHH!!!! Once again, the twists, the turns, the “will they or won’t they” absolutely drove me crazy!! I kept thinking...what is going to happen next? Who will she choose? Will she regret her choice? What will the people think? How will her family react? Yes, you’ll have all those questions as you read this book. Trust me. But as the romance angles develop, my heart was literally fluttering and all over the place. I loved it. LOL!

Now, about that cliffhanger...I literally tried to turn the page to find more. I was like...it can’t end like this!! Where’s the next book? When’s the next book if it’s not already out? LOL! You think I’m joking...I’m not. I have to know what happens next! The twist that this book takes no one will see coming. Just when you think...oh happiness...finally, NOPE! These authors are literally going to leave you begging for more at the end of this book. I can’t wait to read book four.

I’m rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. The authors really did an exceptional job with this book and it connects with the rest of the series so beautifully. If you have read the previous books in the Lochlann Feuds series you’re not going to want to miss this book. If you’re reading this review and haven’t begun reading this series...what are you waiting on? Go grab book one and dive into this series! You won’t be disappointed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment