Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tarnished Crown Review Spotlight


 Tarnished Crown is the second book in Robin D. Mahle’s and Elle Madison’s Lochlann Feuds series. If you’re not reading this series you are seriously missing out on books that will engage you, make you feel the heartbreak of the characters, the budding romances, and just plain have you raging at the end. LOL!

Let me just say that I’m more than thrilled with the fact that Tarnished Crown picks up right where book one left off. Rowan finds herself now the “pet” of Evander, the Lord of Bear clan. A blood debt called in with the pronouncement that this “petty” act is done to protect his people. At face value, this is hard to believe especially in light of the fact that Evander has done much to show his disdain for Rowan. There is subtle feud going on between Evander and Theo and the question is begged...what happened to bring this about? Regardless, Rowan’s betrothal to Theo is now all but dead in the water. So where does this leave things? What does it mean for their future? Is there any hope for them? Lots of questions that beg for answers. Right? Well, I promise you this...they can be found in these pages, but be prepared for some answers to be delayed in being answered. For the time being Rowan is going to get some quality time in Clan Bear’s care.

This book is so good! I read it in two days, but that’s only because I had to put it down to “adult.” LOL! Trust me. If I could have put everything off to sit down in a warm corner with my nose in this book I promise you that I would have. Rowan’s story is so engaging. The twists and the surprises that the authors write into this book and the series as a whole thus far makes it so good! Everytime I had to put this book down I wanted to either snarl or sulk.

I love the amount of character development that I got to see in this book. Rowan really grows as she’s coming to accept some hard truths about herself and her actions. No one likes the light of truth being shone upon them, and she has that happen more than a few times. It’s hard for her to accept that quite a few of her actions...and yes, her mouth have helped land her where she is. But while she has quite a bit of blame to shoulder, she’s not the only one. Brace yourself for some wild revelations in this book. I’m pretty sure my jaw was on the floor at least five times while reading this book.

Now, I promised no spoilers with this review and I will do my best but OMG!!! There is so much going on in this book! The pace is a bit slower in spots, but the story is no less engaging. Just when you think that maybe, just maybe Rowan will escape trouble...her da’s words keep coming back to haunt her. “Can you not go five minutes without getting into trouble?” The answer is most emphatically – no she cannot. I know I said it in my first review, but I’m going to say it again...once I’m finished reading this series I am going to go and read the original series that this one sprung from. I HAVE to know what happened originally!

If you’re interested in reading the original series...might I recommend the boxed set? LOL! I mean, why not?! You get all the books together which means you can literally binge read!



Amazon.com: The Lochlann Treaty: Complete Series (The Lochlann Treaty Series) eBook : Mahle, Robin D., Madison, Elle : Kindle Store

I will warn this concerning this book...the ending. It threw me off when I read it the first time, so I literally had to go back and reread the epilogue. After I did that...I literally howled, yowled, yelled, whatever you want to call it. LOL! I may or may not have threatened to throw my tablet. LOL! The authors were/are just evil for that ending. LOL! But hey! It means that I’m more than a little eager to grab the next book and dive in. The closer I got to the end of this book, I started counting chapters. I’d mark the chapter and I’d get just a little sadder that this book was gradually coming to a close. For me, that’s how you know you’ve really got an amazing book.

Once again this book is a page-turner that I absolutely devoured. This series is so good. Gives me all the feels that really and truly run the gambit. I’m left anticipating the next book and I hope it won’t be long before I can get my claws on it. This book more than earns it’s 5 out of 5 stars. Job well done to these authors. They can claim themselves yet another fan because I’m here to stay. If you love a good fantasy novel with political twists, drama, romance, and danger then don’t miss out on this series. No, seriously, do not pass these books up. Just be prepared to be torn in your heart.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment